Celebrates Onam With Fanfare
Category : Uncategorized
The week-long celebrations have brought the streets with the state capital alive with cultural extravaganza, including music, dance, painting, traditional folk, classical dance and martial-art programs. This article attempts to detail various activities organized with this festival.
Onam Week Celebrations
Every year, their state government organizes festivities marking the Onam festival, which is their state’s harvest festival. There is also a legend linked to this harvest festival. It is widely belief that the Demon King Mahabali visits each household in a state to see whether his subjects are located happily or otherwise not. Due to this reason, all Keralites try to show off in their own personal humble ways in which they are well-heeled. There is a nevertheless Malayalies normally spends last remaining penny to stay happy before their beloved King Mahabali who wanted to find out his subjects happy. Thinking on wrinkles, even a state government wanted to view some festivities happening throughout this festival. To this effect, government entities conducts week-long celebrations in a state capital wherein a full of 5000 or even more performing artistes showcase their soft skills prior to audience. The people with the capital city visit various venues dotted through the Trivandrum city to take pleasure from the cultural programs.
Tourism Week Celebrations
The hottest venues of which the authorities organize cultural fete include Nishagandhi Auditorium, Poojappura Ground, Central Stadium, Vyloppilly Samskrithi Bhavan, Shankhumukham Beach and Museum Compound. The government has earmarked a fund in excess of Rs. 3 crores due to this extravaganza. The Kerala Tourism Department has organized the week-long celebrations to showcase the culture from the God’s Own Country. Normally, the Onam celebrations ended with the grand procession showing various issues with Kerala – both cultural and daily life-based. As part on the festival, the federal government, public sector enterprises and personal businesses have colorfully illuminated a stretch between Kowdiar and East Fort.
As part on the festival, various venues have hosted different cultural programs. People from a state capital visit these venues in huge numbers dressed up in colorful attires to savor them. The major venues and programs are listed below.
1. Central Stadium: This venue hosts mega shows by reputed TV channels and print media in their state.
2. VJT Hall: It hosts the poetry sessions by luminaries through the field of Malayalam literature on all four days inside the morning sessions. The organizers have tilted this method as ‘Kaviyarangu’. On other days, organizers conduct story telling sessions or ‘Kathayarangu’ within the morning. In the evening, the professional drama troupes entertain the crowd who occur to drop in.
3. Sanghumukham Beach: This venue becomes colorful from the presence of lights and busy with temporary shelters doing the brisk business. In the evenings, the beach relates to life with programs by females and children.
4. Poojappura Madianam: This venue is good for the people who desire to hear the top music on the bygone era. Many people from your older generations sing the most popular tunes to entertain the viewers.
5. Bharath Bhavan: It also hosts various musical shows to treat the crowd on the many days through the celebration week.
6. Suryakanthi Ground: The Kudumbasree and Government units offering various artifacts and items for sales have placed their stalls to try and do brisk business. On one side of the ground, the stalls offering traditional Kerala cuisines have learned to tickle the flavors buds with the visitors as a part from the food festival.
7. Kanakakunnu Ground: On the premises of Kanakakunnu Palace, the authorities have setup a temporary amusement park for kids.
8. Vyilopilli Samskruthi Bhavan: On its premises the visitors get to find out the classical dance performances (Swathy Mandapam).
9. Suryakanthi Mini Stage: The visitors can easily see the folk arts with this venue.
10. Sangeethika: The real name from the venue is Kanakakunnu Palace Auditorium. The musical lovers get to take pleasure from the classical Indian music rendered with the experts inside the field with this venue.
11. Theerthapatha Mandapam: This venue is within the East Fort. The authorities have organized Kathakali, aksharaslokam (poem rendition), Koothu, and Koodiyattom there. The last two will be the traditional folk dance varieties of Kerala.
12. Museum Compound: The website visitors to this venue can attend the Yoga classes and find out Kalaripayattu (style of martial art form of Kerala) there.